Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why Do I Write and What’s My Process–Juliet Wilson

Posted by Anjuelle Floyd | Filed under ... anjuellefloyd ..., Why Do I Write ...

As a child I loved writing compositions at school and even poems.

When it came to choosing my academic future though I chose sciences, knowing that I could write poetry while studying sciences, whereas if I studied literature I would never have kept up my interest in science.

I lived in Malawi, in southern Africa for two years, teaching sciences, which was a wonderfully inspiring experience.

When droughts hit Malawi in 2002, I put together and self published Bougainvillea Dancing a chapbook of poetry mostly inspired by my time in the country, which raised money for charities working in Malawi. Read the rest of this entry…
Share


Tags: Africa Bougainvillea Dancing, Crafty Green Poet, craftygreenpoet blogspot, Juliet Wilson, Malawi, poet, poetry, sestina, terza rima, triolet, villanelle, writing

via anjuellefloyd.com




From: http://ping.fm/4O272

No comments:

Post a Comment