Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nicole Easterwood–”Why Do I Write and What is My Process?”

Posted by Anjuelle Floyd | Filed under ... anjuellefloyd ..., Why Do I Write ...

TWO QUESTIONS

Nicole Easterwood

Why do I write?

Sometimes I think about quitting when I am at my wits end, when I am pulling my hair out and screaming into the barren walls of an empty house.

But then I take a day off and speed down the interstate with my hair and windows down and realize that it is the one thing that has always kept me alive and makes me feel the most alive.

I realize that even the freedom of being incomplete control of a vehicle does not compare to the freedom that words give me.

Never so much blood pumps through my veins as when my fingers are tapping against the keys or my hands are becoming calloused from holding a pen for too long.

Nothing makes my heart pound as much or brings me such immense joy as the feeling of an e-mail saying that one of my stories is going to be published. Read the rest of this entry…

Tags: emotions, library, Nicole Easterwood, novel, process, sanity, suicide, Why Do I Write and What Is My Process, writing
Share

via anjuellefloyd.com

From: http://ping.fm/STdSW

No comments:

Post a Comment