Monday, November 1, 2010

Why do I write and what is my process? | By Brett Foster

Posted by Anjuelle Floyd | Filed under ... anjuellefloyd ..., Why Do I Write ...

Why do I write, to explain myself, over explain myself, tell a story, make someone cry tears of joy at an ending they never thought could be.

No, I write because a fire inside me burns with such a fury I have to find a way to let people here my war cry.

I write to yell out for the world to hear: “If no one believes in you, believe in yourself, never stop believing in yourself! Society does not determine who we are, that right was never theirs, it is reserved for us, that right has been reserved for every person that thinks they stand along! I had to fall and hit rock bottom, and now I must crawl back to the top, and I am thankful, I would have it no other way, now I have the opportunity, my opportunity to define what it is simply to exist, not for society, or for my peers, but for myself, it is my turn to define what it is to persevere!!!!”

I write to express myself, but most of all to let out what I never had the words to express to anyone, to free myself from life’s prison of anxiety, hate, doubt, and people telling you you’re a mistake even when you are trying to do everything you can just to make it to see the light of the next day.

“Please all I want is one last beautiful sunset, the last one my father never got to see.”

I write so people can finally hear the fury of my wrath through my silence expressed in the form of ink slammed onto paper. Read the rest of this entry…

From: http://ping.fm/PXVml

No comments:

Post a Comment