Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Of Shrinking Advances, Entertainment, and That Which Remains Present in Translation…

Posted by Anjuelle Floyd | Filed under ... anjuellefloyd ..., Articles and Essays

One of the things we learn as psychotherapists is to interpret what clients are actually saying versus the words they speak.

This is not to say that clients lie. I have found those with whom I have worked to be incredibly honest. They were investing a substantial amount of time and money into their sessions to learn more about themselves and how they could achieve their goals and dreams.

And yet we all have our defenses.

As a client myself, I have benefited enormously from psychotherapists who could see through my defenses and careful choice of words and lead me to the heart of the truth ebbing or perhaps bleeding through. Read the rest of this entry…



From: http://ping.fm/9bJRl

No comments:

Post a Comment