Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winning, Or Is That What It's About...

I reached the 50,000 word minimum to so-to-speak win NaNoWriMo. But I did not finish my novel.

Let me repeat, I did not complete my novel. In my opinion, and estimation according to the blueprint I laid out for my story, I came nowhere close to completing the first draft of my novel, Lotus Blooming.

One part of me holds a little shame in having boasted so much about the great experience I had as a participant of NaNoWriMo. And yet this other part of me wonders if I have not actually gained the greatest gift NaNoWriMo can provide anyone who participates regardless of whether they reached the 50,000-word mark.

While the rules of NaNoWriMo may consider me a winner of sorts, I do not feel that I won anything, or deserved to. Then again, I did not seek to reach the 50,000-word minimum to win. Continue reading




From: http://ping.fm/VOMAI

No comments:

Post a Comment