Wednesday, February 17, 2010

‘My Name is Khan’, Bollywood, and Writing… r

This weekend I saw the movie, “My Name is Khan“. It was a lovely, entertaining and deeply moving experience for both me and my husband.

For writers unfamiliar with Bollywood movies, I high recommend beginning to watch them.

Though long, they are a wonderful artistic creation to behold. As with any art form, not all are excellent.

A significant number have moved and restored hope to my consciousness over the last decade such that I now have a collection of around 100 DVD’s of various Bollywood movies.

My children, ages 10 years to 23 years love them and even purchase their own. Through a contract made with Fox/Searchlight Pictures, Bollywood, located in Mumbhai, India, will now have its films shown on the big screen throughout America.

This is a wonderful venture that ideally will lift the craft of American movie-making from the dearth of ideas and imagination. Continue reading ‘‘My Name is Khan’, Bollywood, and Writing…’




From: http://ping.fm/jsNwr

No comments:

Post a Comment